Getting COVID Safe
In response to the COVID-19 situation, we have developed a thorough COVID Safe Plan and have worked through the COVID Safe Checklist published by the Queensland and Federal Government. In line with these, we have updated our procedures with the following in place for face to face events.
- Working closely with venues and event organisers to ensure adequate space for participants according to the social distancing measures in place for each state.
- Table settings will allow for adequate spacing of 1.5m.
- Minimal staff will be rostered to each event.
- Signage will be put on all tables reminding participants to social distance.
- Participants will be required to sanitise their hands before, after and throughout any DoE experience.
- Staff are required to sanitise their hands prior to handling any items.
- Hand sanitiser will be available extensively throughout the experience, including:
- Sanitiser at facilitator station
- Sanitiser on all team tables
- Disinfectant wipes will be available all team tables
- Participants must limit cross handling of items
- If items are to be cross handled, they must be sanitised with the disinfectant wipes which must then be discarded.
- After every team building experience, the kits will be sanitised by a staff member in line with Covid safe practices.
- Kits will be used on rotation to maximise time between uses. We estimate that there will be a 2 week period between kits being used.
- If you or any of your participants are feeling unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, they must not attend DoE Events.
- We have the right to refuse the participation of any participant and must insist that any person with these symptoms leave the event.
- Staff members who feel unwell or start to feel unwell are required to not attend work.
- The booking contact will be responsible for keeping the contact details of their participants to allow for contact tracing by health authorities, if required.
- All unnecessary items have been removed from the experience kits.
Changes to Facilitation
- A reminder will be given in the briefing to sanitise hands frequently, not touch your face, keep 1.5m apart at all times, limit passing of items between each other and to disinfect items if passing is necessary
- Participants are encouraged to delegate puzzles and avoid cross handling. Clear instructions given if a puzzle needs to be passed on it can be wiped down with antibacterial wipes.
- Dedicated member of each team will use any tablets required to avoid cross handling.
Updated: 17 July 2020